Deep beneath the surface of the earth the monsters of ancient times live in a city of stone and corruption. Unwelcome in the light of the sun, they exist in a world shaped by their experiences with humanity but never to be part of it.
In this city of ever-night you take on the role of Detective Caribara, private investigator of New Monstropolis, as they and their assistant Alixorus struggle to keep their agency running. Until a new client arrives, bringing with her a case that could either lead to wealth, or a watery grave.
What is Kaiju Noir? Kaiju Noir is a pulp fiction visual novel that is quick, dirty, and satisfyingly to digest in one sitting. This is a tale of giant monsters, intrigue, corruption, and redemption.
A full playthrough of Kaiju Noir takes about 2-3 hours depending on your reading speed, with choices you make having subtle-yet-noticeable changes to the story and your experience. Multiple playthroughs will reveal more about the city of New Monstroplis, the gigantic creatures that dwell there, and the affect humans have had on them.
- A novel length story in the vein of classic pulp-fiction detective stories
- Narrative choices that determine how the protagonist interacts with the story
- A diverse range of giant monster characters
- Monstrously queer positivity & anti-authoritarianism
- A unique soundtrack, combining familiar film noir themes with other-worldly discordance
- Your choice of monstrous beverage
Content Warning: Kaiju Noir contains violence imagery, discussions of trauma, descriptions of death and a non-violent drugging scene. This game is not intended for minors.
Purchases of Kaiju Noir include:
- The full visual novel for Win/Linux/Mac/Android
- Kaiju Noir - Music From New Monstropolis soundtrack by @Keytar_Bard
- Character cards with concept art
- Backgrounds including 8 game characters
There is an early demo of Kaiju Noir also available to try